Monday, March 26, 2007

I thought the midterm was appropriately challenging. I had to really think about question number one because I had not reviewed the extensions before the test. I know I lost a little bit of time on this question but, I think I got remembered them all. Adjusting the document margins was easy for me, as was inserting a header and using WordArt. The ISTE search was a little tricky because when I searched for an article with the word ‘ethics’ in the title, the first two results did not look like journal articles to me. The first two results either did not have an author or did not have a journal issue listed. So, I did not know if # 2 was a trick question or not….not that Erika would do that to us . I decided to go with the third article listed because it showed both a journal issue and an author…I hope that was right! Question # 3 on Excel took me a few minutes until I realized I had to compute the numbers into percentages of the total number of students before I could make an accurate pie chart. The questions about average and sum formulas were fairly easy to me because I reviewed them beforehand. The use of Clipart and wrapping text around a picture was also fairly easy. However, I did not know how to wrap text before we did the Newsletter. Question # 7 on Inspiration got me! I had my Inspiration diagram all done but, because I still do not know how to do a screen shot I lost the notes part of the diagram when I copied and pasted it into my midterm! I can’t believe I forgot to learn how to do a screen shot! It is such a simple thing and since I am not a Mac user, I forgot all about it! I also thought the question about PowerPoint was fairly easy. I am familiar with PowerPoint and I actually remembered the lecture on PowerPoint, so coming up with three things to consider when making a PowerPoint presentation came pretty easily. All in all, I think I did pretty well, but not without effort.

1 comment:

CAyakgirl said...

Hi Noelle,
Yeah, I didn't remember how to do a screen shot either. Jenny knows how to do them, so ask her. It just won't stick in my brain right now. I guess that I should break down and write it down. lol
Tristen